This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

displaying text with line breaks in a dialog

2 replies to this topic

CM XS

CM XS
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2001 - 14:08

hi all,

i have a custom action which does some processing and results in a list containing an arbitrary number of lines of text.  i then need to display this list in a dialog.

i was going to use a scrollable text control, but (according to the platform sdk) these controls can't be sourced by properties.  so i need a different approach...

is there anyway to insert a line break within a text control?  or in an edit control?  i'd like to have this list be displayed in a single control, to minimize the changes needed in the dialog if the max number of items possible increases.

right now the only approach i can think of is to make each line of text go in a seperate text control, but this seems a little too painful and a little inflexible for my needs.

so any ideas?  any/all input appreciated, thanks.

CM XS

CM XS
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2001 - 15:44

got it, the key was to use an edit control with the MultiLine attribute bit set.  then when i build the string in my custom action, i use a c++ wcscat call with to get the x13 & x10 in the string.