This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to let user KeyIn the MSDE sa Passwords?

2 replies to this topic

Lee Koh Ching

Lee Koh Ching
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:19

sad.gif I got some problem .. The User want to Key-In the MSDE sa Password Manually when Install the MSDE. Have any Idea ? sad.gif

Bobtcny

Bobtcny
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 14:57

How are you installling MSDE? If you are using the Installshield MSDE 2000 object, it has a sa password property that you can set. You could use AskText to get the user's input on the sa password and then set the sa password property on the object.

Quest7

Quest7
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 21:10

What I did, and I regret, was built a custom dialog to get the password in the event the user already had MSDE 2000 installed and had a password.

I took the value and stored it, and then passed that into a batch file using %1, which installed MSDE 2000.

The problem is, when you try to repair the program, it fails and you have to manually enter the password in the batch file and run it separately.

I don't have a better solution as we've moved on to SQL Server 2005, but I thought I'd throw that out there as to how not to do it ;P