This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1721:A program required for this install...

2 replies to this topic

caixeiro

caixeiro
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 13:19

I made an installable msi package with Visual Studio Installer. And know, with Orca, I'm trying to:

- Execute one of the files witch I installed (.exe)
- And in the end Delete it.

I made a CustomAction:
name: AudimusInstall
type: 18
Source: (File Key of the .exe i install)
Target: (none)

And made an entry in the ExecuteInstallSequence table witch calls this CustomAction. I've tried in many positions, before, after, the install and copy of the files, after the copy,install and creation of shortcuts... just before the end of the installation in installFinalize.

But all of these gave me an 1721 error: saying ...A program required for this install couldn't be run. I've removed this custom action and the installation goes out fine.
Anyone can help me doing this i explained ?

thank you blink.gif

caixeiro

caixeiro
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 13:37

Ok... i see it must comes after the InstallFinalize.

But know...

The executable I'm trying to run uses the Windows installer, and it won't let me make an install inside another install (I'm trying to install JavaVirtualMachine with my app).

How can I solve this ?

Thank you

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 06:01

You cannot run another windows installer instance from the execute sequnce unless you use a nested msi custom action.

Your will either have to run the action in the interface sequence, or try using running the action on the finish button of your install.