This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Extracting is a Problem

1 reply to this topic

saeiddoodman

saeiddoodman
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:43

Extracting is a Problem

hi Eng  Krüger, i have problem with installshield script project:

i built a release of a single .exe file that has several prerequisites, about 2 GB size. Every thing is good until user start the installation and its take about 1 minute from start until the first dialog come up , i know its because of extracting the files but i need to show the user that setup is extracting the files and every thing is normal. but i found nothing to present a message!!!!!!  

please help me in this subject 

its last days to my project deadline 

thank you very much

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:46

I have moved your question to the InstallScript forum.

I think that InstallShield automatically shows a dialog during the extraction process. Don't you see this dialog at all, or delayed?

Is a Splash Screen added in Support Files view? If yes: try without. If not: try adding one.

Is "Small Initialization Dialog" set to yes in Releases view, Setup.exe tab? If yes, set to no.

When do you get the User Accont Control (UAC) dialog? If this is the first dialog you see, the delay may be caused by Windows itself: UAC tries to verify the digital signature of your setup.exe which can take very long for a big exe.

As a last resort: don't build one huge setup.exe.