This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to create shortcuts for all users that log in?

3 replies to this topic

mcnemy

mcnemy
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 19:34

I have a simple question that may even be simpler to someone that knows it. I will appreciate some help.

I am trying to add shortcuts that can be viewed by anybody/user that logs into the machine. My shortcut is placed under start menu/programs/myprogram/shortcutname

Right now i have shortcuts added but it's only visible by the user that installs the program and not by the rest of the user that logs in as different user.

Thanks in advance

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:38

Set ALLUSERS=1 to install for all users ("per-machine" instead of "per-user")

mcnemy

mcnemy
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 21:31

Thank you for the response.

I looked for the options but couldn't quite find it, maybe i'm not looking at the right place.

I'm using InstallShield 11 and my project is a Basic MSI Project. I'm trying to add the shortcut thru the Shortcut window (under System Configuration) using ALLUSERPROFILE for all user. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the setting you mentioned below.

I even tried to create directories for Start Menu/Programs/My program/shortcutname under ALLUSERPROFILE. I know i'm not doing something correctly.

I would appreciate a few good word of advice here.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 22:31

ALLUSERS can generally be found in the Property table of theMSI. Since it is a public property it can also be set from the command line (msiexec.exe).
Regards
-Stein Åsmul