This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Status Bar

3 replies to this topic

olsen

olsen
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:08

Can I include my own status bar in an installation?
The problem is when I install from network drivers. Then it takes up to 10 seconds before my installation begins.
I want to add an animation to my installation background, showing that the installation has not failed. It just takes some time to get started..
How can i add a spinning wheel or anything else that shows the installation is under way...

Edited by olsen, 12 December 2006 - 12:42.

Quest7

Quest7
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 16:38

Edit: misread.

Are you including a splash screen?

Edited by Quest7, 12 December 2006 - 16:40.

olsen

olsen
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:20

Nope.
Standard installshield dialogs.

I just want something to indicate that the setup is working.
And I wonder how I can iclude an animation to the setup- screen.

It could be a status bar, but can I add one that grows with time? And not by what is happening during setup...

AND: I want this animation or status bar to be working all the time in the installbackground. If it is a wheel, then it skould spin all the time this window is showing..

Edited by olsen, 13 December 2006 - 12:15.

rusgrafx

rusgrafx
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 21:04

Try using the following dialog at the begining:
CODE
SdShowMsg("Installing product...", TRUE);

and this one at the end of your installation
CODE
SdShowMsg("Installing product...", FALSE);

You cannot show fancy animations this way, thou - only one line of text. But it works for me. wink.gif

This dialog would stay on top of your installer for as long as the second command (with the FALSE parameter) is executed.
Regards,
RUS ULANOFF