This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Missing icon in Win2K Add/Remove Programs

3 replies to this topic

clintonk

clintonk
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 00:38

In my standard project, I set the value General Information : Add/Remove Programs : Display Icon, but my icon is not shown in the Win2K Add/Remove Programs list.  What else must I do to get the icon displayed properly?

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 23:11

Greetings,

Try the old 2.03 fix.  Create a property ALLUSERS and set it to 1 in the Property Manager.  It'll make that icon show up.

Good Luck

Kurt Schneider

clintonk

clintonk
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 00:28

I tried the ALLUSERS trick, to no avail.  Here's more info:

In my standard ISD7.02 project, I set the field General Information : Add/Remove Programs : Display Icon to the value <ISProjectFolder>\setup files\english (united states)\RaidMan.ico. This file does exist and is used properly for my shortcuts.

In Direct Editor, I verified this value is reflected in the Icon table value ARPPRODUCTICON.

After running the setup, the specified icon is not shown in Add/Remove Programs on Win2K.

Looking in the registry, under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall/{ProductCode}, there is no key called DisplayIcon.

However, under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall/InstallShield_{ProductCode}, there *is* a key called DisplayIcon with the value C:\WINNT\Installer\{EE94A40F-2489-4727-B8F7-1A950EC3FB9A}\ARPPRODUCTICON

On my system, *there is no such directory* as C:\WINNT\Installer

If I manually change the value of that key using regedit, the icon I specify is shown properly in Add/Remove Programs.

This appears to be a bug in ISD7.02, but I haven't seen it documented anywhere. Why is ISD setting a bogus value for the DisplayIcon key? Please help!

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 17:54

That looks like a question for InstallShield.  I(f you can make it work by tweaking the reg key they should be able to confirm if it is a bug or not.

Free of Charge

Kurt Schneider