This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

registry

3 replies to this topic

vma

vma
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2002 - 20:54

I have to setup the registry entries to run my program at the start of my computer, but how can i set a key
where I need to have the path and the name of the program that was installed. how do i do that?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 09 June 2002 - 02:49

For NT-based OSes (i.e. NT, W2K, XP), that area is as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\<NameToReference> (String Value)

Its contents will be the program path and the name of the executable that you wish to run--in quotes if necessary (i.e. "C:\Program Files\FooBar\Foo.exe").
user posted image

vma

vma
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2002 - 21:37

ok, u say that i should set the registry value in quotes, of course the implicit folder is "c:\\Program Files\\..." but if the user changes the destination folder of the program that has to be installed, how can i know the new path, to add in the registry?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 June 2002 - 00:42

Well that was just an example of the registry's end result.  For your actual script it would be:

TARGETDIR ^ "bin\program.exe", or something to that affect.

TARGETDIR is an InstallShield system variable which should be populated with the your setup's installation directory.  Whether that be the default or some other location that was selected by the user.
user posted image