This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patching - Merge Module files not updated

7 replies to this topic

pjaiswal

pjaiswal
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 21:39

Hi, I am creating a service pack for an install that includes a merge module. Everything with the patch works fine, except that the dll in the merge module is not getting updated. The log generated at the time of creation of the service pack says that the dll's differe and hence need to be replaced. The log says:

Files differ: 'C:\DOCUME~1\PLTSBU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSI252.tmp\.\Program Files\Common Files\.\PLTS\Bin\GridManager.dll',
'C:\DOCUME~1\PLTSBU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSI24B.tmp\.\Program Files\Common Files\.\PLTS\Bin\GridManager.dll'.
Patch API could not create a small patch; using whole upgraded file.
Including entire file: 'C:\DOCUME~1\PLTSBU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSI252.tmp\.\Program Files\Common Files\.\PLTS\Bin\GridManager.dll';
FTK=GridManager.dll.DCCB0C06_D09C_4C63_A334_D106F0DB4149; temp location=7C1CD924\00891.FLE.

But the log file generated at the time of installtion of service pack says:

MSI (s) (DC:CC) [12:20:23:562]: Component: __GridManager.dll.DCCB0C06_D09C_4C63_A334_65; Installed: Null; Request: Local; Action: Null

I am attaching both the log files, and the name of the dll that is not getting replaced is Gridmanager.dll

ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files

pjaiswal

pjaiswal
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 21:43

I am not able to attach the service pack installation log file, even after zipping the size of the log file is 368Kb. Is there any way I can post it?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 18:50

Hs the file been installed with the base install, before you apply the patch? Is there a condition on that component?

I have increased the upload limit to 500 KB, please try again.

pjaiswal

pjaiswal
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 19:47

Here is the attached file

Attached Files

pjaiswal

pjaiswal
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 19:48

Yes, the file has been installed with the base install and also the Service pack 1 install. There are no conditions with the install of this component.

pjaiswal

pjaiswal
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 19:50

ALso, giving a little more information on it, Gridmanager.dll is the only file in that merge module. And there are no conditions to install the merge module. It is to be installed everytime. The REINSTALLMODE is set to OMUS. The earlier version of grid manager is 9.2.0.0, the SP1 version was 9.2.0.1 and the current version is 9.2.0.2, so I assumed it should be replaced.

Infact I compared the msi's (old & current versions) and looked for this merge module entries, the module id's, the key paths and everythings seems to be the same.

I tried a work around to see if that works where I wrote a custom action to delete this dll at the very first step of the patch install and in that case the new dll does get copied over. But I do not want to have these suspicious workarounds. Hopefully it can be fixed the right way.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 17:54

REINSTALL = Foundation_Tools,GIS_Data_Reviewer,MPS_Atlas,PLTS_Foundation

Is the file in one of those features?

MSI © (24:64) [12:20:06:093]: Command Line: ADDLOCAL=ALL PATCH=\\hawk\PLTSBuilds9.2\Daily\SP2\PLTSFoundation\Updates\sp2\latest\PLTSFoundation92_sp2.msp CURRENTDIRECTORY=C:\Documents and Settings\madh4998 CLIENTUILEVEL=0 CLIENTPROCESSID=1060

Did you put the ADDLOCAL in there?

pjaiswal

pjaiswal
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 18:24

1. Yes, it is in PLTS_Foundation.

2. On using the command line option to install I did put ADDLOCAL. But, Installing it directly by double clicking the msp also did the same thing.