This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Another DLL issue

1 reply to this topic

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 13:59

Hi all,

Here's an interesting one...

I have a Windows Installer DLL which checks for reboot requirements, thus I'm going to be including it in pretty much all of my installers.

Most CA DLLs that I've written are included through  Merge Modules but this one's being included directly in the installer.

The first two installers I put it in worked fine but the third one keeps failing, saying the DLL required doesn't exist.

I've checked the logs and watched the WINNT\Installer directory and it's true.  The MSInn.TEMP file is not being created.

I've tried deleting the entry from the Binary table, CustomAction table and InstallExecute sequence and then putting them back in from scratch... still nothing.

Does anyone know of any oddity in the Windows Installer that might do this?  I'm going to keep looking for a stupid mistake on my part, but I'm running out of ideas here.

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 20:14

I've resolved this one by putting it into a merge module.  Don't know why it worked but I also couldn't figure out why I didn't do that in the first place :))

Now I have another problem but that needs a new thread.