This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Basic Question About Path Variables

4 replies to this topic

BBowers

BBowers
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 01:23

Please forgive a naive question from a new user:

I have path variables I use in IS Developer 8 in a Basic MSI project. One of these has the wrong value, and it is making my setup unusable, because a required file is not found.

When I look at the path variables view, I see the "Defined Value" for this path variable which is correct, and the "Current Value" which is not correct. This is a "Standard" path variable.

1) How do I change the "Current Value" to be the value I need? I tried entering the "Defined Value" again, but this still does not effect the "Current Value" (which I understand is read only in this view).

2) How do these "Current Values" get changed? I'm not sure how I got the wrong value in there in the first place.

Thanks for any help or insight you can give!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 22:03

Can yu post the contents of both "Defined Value" and "Current Value" here? I believe they should alsways be the same and I don't see why they could be different.

BBowers

BBowers
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 23:38

Thanks for your response!

The Path Variable has a Defined Value of
C:\Projects\MindManager 5\Release\Common\setup-viewer

And a Current Value of
C:\Projects\MindManager 5\Release\Common\setup

If it helps any, I asked this question also on the InstallShield Support forum, and at their request, I included a screenshot. You can see it at:

http://community.ins...threadid=129458

Thank you for any advise you can give!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 19:11

Strange. What happens if you delete and re-create the path variable?
At first glance I thought it might be a problem with the dash, but the other similar paths seem to work properly.

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 11:31

I had a look at your screenshot and it looks like you have a pathvariable named
N_FILES
and another one named
N_Files.
Both contain as "Current Value" the "Defined Value" of the lowercase definition.
Seems like ISD8 has a problem with lower/uppercase. I think it's a good idea to use really different names - not only different in UPPER/lower case.
h.teichert-ott