This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom action

3 replies to this topic

valan

valan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 08:15

I have written scripts and have created custom actions which i inserted in the sequence. But it wont be executed when i run the setup. Shall i know the reason for it?

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 23:14

We need to know more details before we can give you any help.

What type of custom action is it?  Does it run as deferred, immediate, etc?  What is it trying to do?

Run your install from the command line and add the parameter /l*v <logfilename>, to generate an MSI log file.  This will show all the scheduling and execution of your custom actions.

If you can't work it out from the log file, post again answering the above questions and including the relevant sections of the log.

valan

valan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 12:22

Thank you for the answer. Infact i am new to windows installer and was trying to execute a sample custom action, say a welcome screen(Immediate run). I really like to avoid the regular wizard, instead i want to display my own windows executed by scripts. While the setup is getting executed i would like to display information about our software. I would be greateful if you can help me in this regard.

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 February 2002 - 16:45

Hi,
You can modify any existing dialog (add or remove new fields, buttons and etc). See in the Windows Installer Help a "Edit the Dialog's Layout". You could create your own dialog with the Dialog Editor in the Windows installer. You can insert this dialog into the Sequence by setting Events on the Next and Back button. You could create your dialog by the script and show it when your custom action will be executed. To execute your custom action in the User Interface set Events on the button in a dialog, after which you would to see your dialog, as a
Event          Argument                                   Condition
DoAction  YourCustomActionName         1
Good luck!