This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

service dependancy problems

2 replies to this topic

mutchie

mutchie
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 13:55

I am using installshield 2008 basic msi.

I have a problem I have just discovered that the service I install is dependant on service WinHTTPAutoProxySvc. My problem is the WinHTTPAutoProxySvc only exists on Vista.

I am trying to add the dependancy to the service by added the DependsOnService reg file.

I have created a custom action > new exe > referencing dir to run reg.exe, that will only run if the installer is using Vista.

Filename and command: reg add HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\gravitaswellmanager /v DependsOnService /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d WinHTTPAutoProxySvc "[SystemFolder]reg.exe"

Return Processing: Asynchronous
Inscript execution: Deferred execuation in a system context
condition: not installed And VersionNT = 600

I get no errors on screen or in the log but the reg file is not created.

What am I doing wrong?

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advanced

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 23:40

Are you %100 sure the action is being run?

Run the installation with verbose logging to verify this first, and then double check that it is running the correct command.

Have you tried removing the condition? removing this and checking to see if the action works or not would eliminate any condition errors.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 16:32

Why are you using a custom action to create a registry entry? Why not use the Registry view?