This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing a file before the actual filecopy?

4 replies to this topic

Alex K

Alex K
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2001 - 10:18

I´ve made a script to make some validating of the target-system and some user-inputted values. I want this script run before the actual installation begins, and therefore need to somehow extract this file from my components and install it in a temporary directory, from where I´d be able to execute it in a CA.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 October 2001 - 16:54

If you have InstallShield then there's a sample script with function StreamFileFromBinary

Alex K

Alex K
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2001 - 17:01

I´ve searched my InstallScript Language Reference and my Platform SDK for a function ( or anything ) with the name StreamFileFromBinary, but can´t find anything...

I´m using InstallShield for Windows Installer 1.10... can that be why?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 October 2001 - 19:04

Not sure. Take a look at your InstallShield program directory. There should be a samples subdirectory somewhere, but I'm not sure about version 1.1.

BTW ythere may be an easier way: create a custom action of type run exe or call DL function, and select "stored in binary table" as location.