This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1150 on NT4 SP6a - Please Help!

4 replies to this topic

FerFemNemBem

FerFemNemBem
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 19:41

Hi,

i postet this question @ InstallShield community but get no real answer there.

My Installshield standard project won't install on an NT4 SP6 machine. Int says "Error 1150 ... you require at least WinNT4 SP6..."

I have definitly SP6 on this machine.

Anny suggestions to run my project on this machine? Which *dll's or registry entries will be checked by InstallShield to determine the ServicePack version?

Thank You, Jan.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 10:12

I'm not sure, I guess the OS build number (as specified in the setup.ini). Which build number is your NT4? Is it SP6 or SP6a?

FerFemNemBem

FerFemNemBem
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 10:32

Hi,

The machines where it works and the machines where it not works have the same build number: 1381.

_but_:

i found (not really) a Solution for this Problem!

This problem occurs only on NT4SP6(and SP6a) machines, where no Microsoft Installer is installed! So i have to install the InstmsieW.exe package by hand and everything works fine.

Maybe there is a bug in installShield functionality to extract and install the InstmsieW.exe package on the target machine?
I tried the way to pack the file into the package and also to get it from source media. In both ways the same error occurs.

Following my Release Settings:

Setup Launcher: Yes (Include Windows NT.....)
MSI Engine Location: "Extract Engine from Setup.exe" (also tried to "Copy from source media")
Delay MSI Engine Reboot: No

whats wrong with these settings ?
and why is there such an scarry error like no SP6 installed?

Thank you, FFNB !

(Edited by FerFemNemBem at 10:03 am on Feb. 27, 2002)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 11:25

(Sorry, I didn't notice you specified you are using 6a in the topic title)

Can you send em your setup.ini to skrueger@installsite.org I would like to have a look at it. InstallShield's setup.exe is supposed to execute instmsiw.exe automatically if required. There seems to be a problem with the detection of your SP6a.
Do you have "Suppress launcher warning" option in your release set to yes or no?

The Windows Installer runtime engine version 2.0 requires NT4 SP6. Previous versions (1.0, 1.1 and 1.2) could be installed on NT4 SP3. But since running instmsiw.exe succeeds, you obvioulsly have the correct SP level.

FerFemNemBem

FerFemNemBem
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 14:25

Hi,

"Suppress Launcher Warning" is set to yes and "InstallScript Engine Location" ist set to "Extract from Setup.exe"

Thank you.

FFNB

PS: e-mail with setup.ini was sent.