My issue appears to be identical to another issue a member asked about a few years back so I'm hoping somebody can help provide some insight as to what I'm doing wrong
What I have is that I do a full install and I have a feature (Test_Env) that isn't installed by default but can be selected. When it is selected, I add a file to the filesystem to denote the feature is added. The reason for this method is so during an upgrade, a QA person can just add the file if it isn't already present and the installer will understand that it should install the Test_Env feature if it isn't already.
The full setup works great. The upgrade is being a pain. When I do the upgrade, I first do a "System Search" and store the location in TESTINSTALL property. The Feature is under our main product that is installed
- Setup Design
- Sub Feature 1
- Sub Feature 2
- Optional Feature
The default INSTALLLEVEL is set to 100, all feature except Test_Env are set to 1. Test_Env is set to 100.
The Test_Env feature has 2 conditions put on it
- Level: 0 --- NOT TESTINSTALL
- Level: 1 --- TESTINSTALL
In the full logs, I can see that TESTINSTALL is set set to the correct location. IF the full install with Test_Env installed was installed prior, the Test_Env feature will be updated. If I did not install the Test_Env feature, the condition never seems to trigger and mark it to install.