This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installer for 64bit machine

8 replies to this topic

Dayakar

Dayakar
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 13:38

I want to create the Install setup for 64 bit machine.
I have followed the below mentioned steps:

1. The value "x64" has been entered in the platform field of the Template Summary property.
2. The Page Count Summary property must be set to the integer 200.
3. Each 64-bit Windows Installer component has been set with the property "64-Bit Component" to yes.

Finally when I build the install project I was ended with following error:
"Error: -5008: Intel64 must be specified in the template of the Summary Stream"

When I tried to change the "Template Summary property" value from "x64" to "intel64" build was succesful but i get "Error: -1633 This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor."

Please help me out to resolve the above mentioned error.

Regards,
Dayakar

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 16:43

It appears that you are using Windows Installer (MSI) so this is not the right section of the forum for your question. Please post which version of InstallShield you are using and which project type ("Basic MSI" or "InstallScript MSI" aka "Standard")

Dayakar

Dayakar
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 13:35

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your response.

Here are the details of my enviroinment:

Install Shield Version: 7.02
Project Type: Standard Project.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Regards,
Dayakar

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 16:15

So you are using InstallShield Developer 7. Project type "Standard" is now called "InstallScript MSI". I'm moving the question to the appropriate section of the forum.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 16:25

Maybe InstallShield Developer 7 (released in 2001 if I recall correctly) doesn't fully support for 64 bit setups.
Please consider upgrading to the latest version, InstallShield 2008 (version 14).

Dayakar

Dayakar
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 14:15

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your response.. Let me check with an latest version.

Regards,
Dayakar

vishnub

vishnub
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 14:15

Hi Stefan,
We are thinking of delivering our product in 64 bit version. After some analysis, i am in confusion about the best approach.

Following were my findings
- Since a package has to be targeted for single platform, we cannot have single installer for native support on both 32 and 64 bit machines. Hence decided to have 2 different installers by having different Template Summary entries.
-Even thought of having same ism with different features for 32 & 64 bit with appropriate release flags set during build time. But in this case, we will hit with problem of INSTALLDIR can be pointed to either program files 32 or 64 bit and cannot be modified for each release, in one of the thread, MichaelU mentioned this can be solved thru ISWI or msi automation.

I hope you might have a better option for this requirement. Please share your ideas and suggestions. It will help me a lot, any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation,
Vishnu smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 13:08

I don't know but I'm confident that MichaelU is giving the best possible solution or workaround.

vishnub

vishnub
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 14:30

Thanks Stefan, It worked :-)