This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multi Language dialog error

2 replies to this topic

doubli

doubli
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 20:37

I've got an installer thats going into 10 different langauges. Main language is English.

Some dialogs get different language dialogs added automatically which is great, however lets say I install in Swedish. If I decide to cancel the install it seems it calls the SdSetupCompleteError - however it gives an error

In function 'SdSetupCompleteError'
Unable to create dialog

if I run in english and do the same, it reaches the dialog with no problem

I looked at the dialogs option, no multi language dialogs get added to SdSetupCompleteError - if I right click and hit 'edit' nothing happens. Seems there is a problem with this dialog?

doubli

doubli
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 21:10

Just to show you whats in my installscript file, incase this is the cause of the problem?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
//  FUNCTION:   OnFirstUIAfter
//
//  EVENT:      FirstUIAfter event is sent after file transfer, when installation
//              is run for the first time on given machine. In this event handler
//              installation usually displays UI that will inform end user that
//              installation has been completed successfully.
//
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
function OnFirstUIAfter()
STRING szTitle, szMsg1, szMsg2, szOption1, szOption2;
NUMBER bOpt1, bOpt2;
begin

Disable(STATUSEX);

bOpt1  = FALSE;
bOpt2  = FALSE;
szMsg1 = SdLoadString(IFX_SDFINISH_MSG1);
SdFinishEx(szTitle, szMsg1, szMsg2, szOption1, szOption2, bOpt1, bOpt2);  

end;

Markus Bonk

Markus Bonk
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 11:12

Hi,

I've basically got the same or similar problem. The error message is the same. Attempting to edit the dialogs does show a dialog entry for each language (5), but the texts in the dialog are not always in the correct languages: it looks like the translation is missing so the text is in english.
Running the setup built with having just right clicked the dialog and specifying 'Edit...' without doing any other changes works fine apart from the texts being in the wrong language in the SdDialogCompleteError.