This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry entries not being removed

3 replies to this topic

fyong

fyong
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2001 - 16:50

I have read the previous posts about removing registry entries that were not created by the install.  However, I am having the issue whereby one of my installs, when uninstalling, removes the registry keys created during the install.  But when my other install adds registry keys and then uninstalls, it doesn't clean up these keys it had created.  My impression is that the default remove action cleans up what it had created earlier.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Also, I tried the suggestion of having the - property with no value, and it did not work.  Thanks in advance for your help!

jsp

jsp
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 July 2001 - 09:44

You may create a CA that remove these registry keys.
For your CA to be launched only during remove use the condition REMOVE in the sequences.

desiree

desiree
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 15:45

Hello i had a similar problem :

Is the name of your key is a property ? Because during the installation MSI could not valued your property, so it can't uninstall the key.
Just test within the property

i hope i can help you

fyong

fyong
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 16:01

The CA works!  Thanks. I think there is somewhere else in the setup perhaps conflicting with this in terms of conditions I have set.