This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Continue setup after reboot

2 replies to this topic

ranjit

ranjit
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 17:22

HI All
I am using Basic MSI Project of IS 7.04.
I am having a problem in continueing my setup after reboot during UNInstall.
Here the scenario.
While uninstalling my app there is a chance of having a process still running even though the file corresponding to that process is removed.Due to this the folder containing the file is not getting removed(this happens randomly). So I figured out if I reboot the machine at the end of uninstallation the process would go away from the memory and then I can do the delete of FOlders explicetly.
Can anyone help me or guide me? All I have to do is to delete folder after reboot.
I am trying to achive two these things and used all related KB article and mix and match combinations.
1) how do I schedule a reboot for uninstall condition,
2) how to delete folder if exists after reboot.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and advices.

Ranjit

Balu

Balu
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 11:52

Hi Ranjit,

its probably a small attempt to help you and refers only the second part of your question. You can register programs to run once after a reboot and a user logon by a special registry key entry.

For Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP you could use:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

This approach is documented under:
http://msdn.microsof...gistry_keys.asp

By default, the value entry of a RunOnce key is deleted before the program is run.

Maybe someone has a better and MSI compliant solution.

Raimund

ranjit

ranjit
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 15:43

HI,
I attempted that approach , but did not help me much. I need to run the installer after reboot and check to see if the folders exsits or not. Any ways there may be a design change and hopefully we may not encounter this problem.
Apreciate your suggestion.
Thank you
Ranjit