This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall and install condition actions

1 reply to this topic

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 23:25

Hi,

How do we perform custom actions only when the user wants to uninstall?

How do we perform custom actions only when the user installs the software?

Thing is, I have a custom action, but this gets run on installation and on uninstall and I only need this during installation and not during uninstall.

I also need another action that should be run only on an uninstall, so how do we specify these conditions?

Thanks!

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:57

If you want an action only to run on installation (if the product is not installed already) use "Not Installed" as condition.

If you want a CA only to be run on uninstallation, you can use "REMOVE=ALL" as condition. But be aware that this will only be run on a full uninstallation and is only valid after the InstallValidate standard action.

If you allow repairing and/or modifying the installation and you have custom actions that would have to run depending on the installation/uninstallation of single features or components, please read the section "Conditional Statement Syntax" in the Windows Installer help file for detailed info.
h.teichert-ott