This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstallation using pre requisite

2 replies to this topic

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:44

With our previous product we delivered SQL Express Management studio 2005 Express. Now with new product we would like to provide SQL 2008 Management studio 2008 Express.

Before installing new one i would like to uninstall previous one. From commandline foloowing command works perfect and i am able to uninstall SQL 2005 Express Management Studio Express.

Msiexec.exe /qb /x {20608BFA-6068-48FE-A410-400F2A124C27}

Now i would like to carry out this operation from Pre Requisites. I know pre requisites are used for Install and not uninstall, but has got some advantage over Custom Action.( i am going to include this uninstallation operation in a feature which has does carry out many other installations / upgrades etc.)

On pre requisite dialog i am expected to provide path for "Files To Include"

I tried [SystemFolder]\Msiexec.exe but its not working.

Do you have any clue how to set the path for msiexec.exe ?

Thanks in advance.

Amarjeet

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 21:54

You shouldn't include msiexec.exe, because it should match the MSI version that exists on the target machine (and you are not allowed to redistribute it).

Can you be sure that no other application (that might have been installed after yours) will need SQL 2005?

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:52

Thanks. I solved the problem.

I have included batch file which has content as below :

msiexec /quiet /Uninstall {20608BFA-6068-48FE-A410-400F2A124c27}

Amarjeet