This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Universal Installer

3 replies to this topic

Loyal

Loyal
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 16:58

I have been slowly figuring things out with this installer, but this one has me really stumped.

The other developers gave me a .bat file that they use with a .jar file during their manual install process, and would like to have this incorporated into my Universal Installer project.

The .bat is full of arguments that are dependent on information I gather during the install process. So, I have variables that I ultimately need to pass to the .jar as arguments.

What do I do here? Is there some way to just call the .jar with Execute Process or something?

-Loyal

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:34

Some samples would help. What are these variables? Paths?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Loyal

Loyal
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 16:31

The jar file is used to setup database configuration, so the batch file contains info gathered from install dialogs about user name, password, drivers, etc.

At this point I think I have got the batch file being run using the Execute Process. So, I am hoping to just edit the batch file as text and plop in the variables from the dialogs, then execute the batch file.

This seems kludgy to me, though. Is there no way to handle .jars in a nice way from within Universal?

Thanks.

Loyal

Loyal
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 00:34

At this point I am able to install some batch files, modify them per user input from dialogs, but then I am failing at the Execute Process portion of what I want to do.

For the Command entry of the Execute Process bean I am entering something like the following:

$P(absoluteInstallLocation)/bin/database config/configuration.bat

Because of the "database_config" portion of this entry the process fails. I have tried double-quotes, double-double-quotes, single-quotes, etc. and nothing I do seems to make this work when there is a space in the directory name.

Is there some trick I am unaware of here?

Thanks,

Loyal