This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Time for .NET 1.1

4 replies to this topic

Stefan Secker

Stefan Secker
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 13:16

Hi there,

after i read some stuff about this topic i'm rather upset that IS will not produce a .NET 1.1 object for version 7.
Does anyone know a save workaround how to use the new .NET version in a basic project?

Any help greatly appreciated! ohmy.gif

Cheers
Stefan

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 18:18

InstallShield Developer (versions 7 and 8) are based on Windows Installer. For Windows Installer based setups it's recommended to install the Framework using a launcher setup.exe, before the actual installation. Therefore there's no .NET Object (neither 1.0 nor 1.1) for Developer 7 or 8.

For InstallShield Professional 7 (which is a completely different product line, and is discussed in a separate forum) there is a .NET Object, but only for version 1.0. The sources for this object are available so you could build a 1.1 version yourself.

Stefan Secker

Stefan Secker
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 07:55

Thanx for the clarification, Stefan. I already wondered why I can't find the 1.0 object. tongue.gif

Anyway i still have the problem. I use a launcher exe, but can't include the .NET 1.1 redist.
I tried to exchange the dotnetredist.exe of my 7.04 IS Dev. basic setup in the folder

"C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Developer\Redist409\i386"

but my setup doesn'work anymore now... after a while of launcher work it says, that
it cannot find 1033dotnetredist.exe, which is in the root of my cd setup.

BTW: Why is this now called 1033...exe ? It has never been that way before i tried
to play around with that topic? unsure.gif

Cheers
Stefan

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:10

QUOTE (Stefan Secker @ 2003-05-15 08:55)
BTW: Why is this now called 1033...exe ?

I believe 1033 stands for English. Version 1.1 of the Framework is available in multiple languages.

I never tried to use it with Developer 7.x. You may need to create your own launcher (e.g. sue the one from the .NET SDK)

BTW: .NET 1.1 is officially supported in Developer 8...

Stefan Secker

Stefan Secker
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 09:35

Hi Stefan,

yeah, 1033 is the English Language ID, but why does IS Dev now rename the EXE.
It is called dotnetredist.exe in the redist folder of IS... ???

Concerning IS 8:
I think it's thievish to not support NET 1.1 in version 7. Considering the update
cost of version 8 and the problems i've read about getting version 7 setups
running, i think it's not worth it now. mad.gif