This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ISDEV-Warning 4354..SQLDMO.dll Registration

1 reply to this topic

Tabish

Tabish
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:32

I have a problem with registering a SQLDMO.dll

"ISDEV : warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file SQLDMO.dll in component SQLDMO.dll. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail."

After testing the build with the file checked-out (NOT readonly), the build was able to extract the COM information, and register the DLL with the installation of our product.

How can we extract COM information and registered SQLDMO into system folder.

I have created a Basic MSI project in IS11.5 and while Installing the application through Install shield . the following error occurring….

“Unable to register SQLDMO in the specified location path …”
Where as “Build” showing successfully with 0 error and 0 warning.
This error message occurring on installation.

Operating System : Windows 2000 Professional (Making basic MSI on this OS)

Languages : VB.net 2003 (framework1.1)-MDAC 2.7 English

Database : SQL Server 2000

Reporting Tools : Crystal Reports

Target machine where I have to install this Product is “WINDOWS XP-sp2”

May be I am doing some mistake to register SQLDMO automatically through install shield. Please send me step by step procedure to register the SQLDMO..

Waiting for any responds

Tabish

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:42

Microsoft has redistributables for SQLDMO - use these, otherwise you're likely to forget many files.
You find the redistributables on the SQL Server 2000 CD - but note that these were updated in SQL Server 2000 SP2, and possible more often.