This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

UseDll Question

2 replies to this topic

mmingfeilam

mmingfeilam
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 01:44

Hi,

I tried to use UseDll to load a MFC dll in my InstallShield, however, even though InstallShield succeeded in loading the dll, when I try to invoke one of the methods of that dll I kept on getting “Failed to find dll function” error.  I made sure the prototype was declared correctly, but I still got the same error.  I even tried it with a regular dll but nothing works.  Can someone help me?  Thanks.  I am using InstallShield Prof. 6.3 and Visual Studio 6.0 Sp5.

Mike Lam
???

EberhardH

EberhardH
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 06:46

Hi Mike,

have you tried to prototype it instead of

prototype short dll.func();  //"short": just as an example

this way:

prototype cdecl short dll.func();

?
Are you sure that your DLL function does not depend on other DLLs that should have to be loaded before?

Eberhard

vtoledo

vtoledo
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 18:05

Mike,

Since it is able to load the library successfully, you may want to use a tool like DependencyWalker or DUMPBIN to get the correct name of the exported function from the library.

Note that the function names are case-sensitive and many of the MS functions export either an Ansi or Unicode implementation, indicated by the "A" or "W" characters at the end of the function name.

InstallShield 6.x works best with the Ansi implementations.

Hope this helps.