This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI source resolution API from a CA

2 replies to this topic

GuySmiley

GuySmiley
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 18:09

Hi..

I'm having issues with source resolution during an upgrade of an app. I battled with this for a while before stumbling upon a few API calls that I didn't know existed:
MsiSourceListClearAll
MsiSourceListAddSource
MsiSourceListForceResolution

these are the answer to my problem! the only issue I'm having is.. they don't do anything!! smile.gif at least so far as I can tell..

I've tried running these functions from a CA, and also from a standalone console app. In both cases they return ERROR_SUCCESS, but the reported sourcelist for the app remains unchanged.. and I can't force the installed app to perform source resolution even though that is the intended purpose of MsiSourceListForceResolution..

has anyone used these API calls before (or their VB counterparts)? and if so, are there special circumstances that need to be in place for them to work properly?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
gs.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 00:45

Have you made sure that the Product Code you are passing in is correct?

Maybe try, MsiGetProductInfo with the same Product Code and see what that returns.

GuySmiley

GuySmiley
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 22:04

hi luke..

I checked the product code being passed in and it is very definitely the correct one. I ended up not needing these functions after all, which is good because after days of mucking with them I still have no idea how they can be made to work..

thanks,

gs.