This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

i am getting 1327 error when i use network folder

2 replies to this topic

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 19:23

hello everyone

I make this setup.exe and try to install it to folder (which i create through the network)

before the installation, i map this network drive and it says it is F:

even during the installation, i can view and browse through this drive. however, when i actually execute installation, it shows this error, 1327 - invalid drive.

what am i missing here??
do i need to do something when i use network driver??

thank you,

karthiksankaran

karthiksankaran
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 07:30

hi hsong3,
is it a Basic MSI project? if so then there is a flaw in the network mapping drive u have specified in the MSI and the mapping u make in the system. Say for example, u have mapped the network drive in the MSI as "x:" and in ur system if u map it with anyother alphabet than that, then u get as invalid network drive or invalid mapping or invalid drive....

another possibility is that this mapping would not have the proper permissions, like read, write, delete, etc... so that the files can be installed or copied from there. Check these 2 and u will find there is a small flaw in either of these...

let me know if it concerns with other issues........ rolleyes.gif

bye and HAVE A NICE DAY...... biggrin.gif
Karthik Sankaran
Digital Global Soft Limited,
39/40, Konappana Agrahara,
Hosur Road, Electronic City,
Bangalore 561 229

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 16:06