This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DLLs are not replaced during minor upgrade

3 replies to this topic

maverickcool

maverickcool
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 17:09

During minor upgrade I'm getting the following error:

SELMGR: ComponentId '{C1B06529-966C-2A82-EF0C-A5CFA0113872}' is registered to feature 'X', but is not present in the Component table. Removal of components from a feature is not supported!

I don't understand why I'm getting this error or why installshield tries to remove it. it's true that this value is not in Component table, but it's not there during first installation

During first installation I have the following line:

Executing op: ComponentRegister(ComponentId={C1B06529-966C-2A82-EF0C-A5CFA0113872},KeyPath=[path]\Newtonsoft.Json.dll,State=3,,Disk=1,SharedDllRefCount=1,BinaryType=0)

is there a way to tell installshield to ignore this?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:41

Apparently, in your initial install there is a component with ComponentId C1B06529-966C-2A82-EF0C-A5CFA0113872. This may be in a merge module. In your new version this component is missing (or has a different ComponentId). This is not allowed in a minor update. If you don't need this component anymore, there are two options:

• Create a Major Upgrade instead of a Minor Update
  • Include a dummy component with that ID (and attach it to feature X), but give it a condition of 0 (zero, which means false, so the component will not get installed), and set "re-evaluate condition" to True for this component. This will also remove the component from the target machine during the update.

maverickcool

maverickcool
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 13:57

Hi Stefan.

Issue was that Installshield added this dependency because the value of "Scan at Build" was 'dependencies and properties'.

I changed it to properties only, and now I don't have this issue

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 18:27

es, in general I'd always suggest to avoid automatic dependency scanning.