This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DemoShield Question....

1 reply to this topic

• 58 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 18:15

Once I get the okay from my company, I will be using the latest DemoShield to create demo installations and process for our install.

I was told that I might have the need to create this demol in Japanese and Korean as well as English.

Would getting the Langauge Pack - East work with DemoShield 7.0x?

http://www.installsh...guage_packs.asp

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 19:53

Looks like you are mixing up two products:

InstallShield Developer is a setup authoring tool that generates Windows Installer based setup programs. Using the langauge pack in your hyperlink will enable to you show end user dialogs inJapanese, Korean and several other languages. All the default dialogs and error messages are already translated for you. If you modify texts or add texts you would have to translate them yourself.

DemoShield is a multi media authoring tool that can be used to create CD autorun applications (that can in turn launch your setup program), create slide shows of your product, etc. You use a graphic program to design the screens. Since the everything the end user sees is created by you (graphics, product descriptions, ...) there's no use for language packs (there are no standard texts with standard translations).