This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry permissions

5 replies to this topic

Colin Parker

Colin Parker
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:05

I've done a setup capture of Realplayer in which I need to change some registry permissions. If I do the initial snapshot, install the application, fire up regedit and change the keys, then complete the process.

The permission chnage doesn't go through though. Next time I open regedit and go to that it it says the order is incorrect and resets to default permissions.

How can I change the permissions?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 15:16

Look at the LockPermissions table in the .msi file (which tool are you using?)

vaqueros

vaqueros
  • Full Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 22:26

I'm not quite sure how to use this table. What if I want everybody to have total access on a certain key? What values would I enter on this table?

Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 21:14

"Everyone" and 268435456 (GENERIC_ALL)

vaqueros

vaqueros
  • Full Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 16:53

Thank you for the reply.

I've added the parameters per your suggestion. When I run the setup I receive Error 1609, not a valid user or group. I'm using [%USERDOMAIN] for the domain name per the help file in the LockPermissions table. I'm not sure where to go from here although my guess is the Domain is wrong.

vaqueros

vaqueros
  • Full Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 19:38

Nevermind. I read carefully and saw to leave the Domain field empty. It works now.