This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files not registered properly

1 reply to this topic

seanst

seanst
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2002 - 11:23

Hi
After installation my application works fine but when I come in the next day and switch the PC back on nothing works. It seems that the installed files have been unregistered when the machine was switched off?
Has anyone else experienced this? I'm installing onto a Windows 2000 machine.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks Sean

nishalp

nishalp
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 00:25

I have seen this here and am having the same problems.  It seems to have something to do with the Administrator Priveleges on Win 2000 and Installshield.  I installed my app as Administrator and when I run the app as admin it works fine.  If I log in as someone who does not have admin rights to the local machine, it can not find the registration of the files.  Also, I have noticed that Installshield does not register somefile so I manually force a register using the LaunchAppandWait command.  First I check to see if it registered using  "if (RegDBKeyExist(szKey) < 0) then".  IF it is less than 0, then I force a manual registration.

Hope this helps.

Patel