This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

license agreement in basic MSI

3 replies to this topic

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 01:11

hello everyone

i am trying to make default, blank license agreement page in dialogs, and change my license file after complete build.

(this way, i do not have to re-build my entire project after some modifications in license agreement file)

i have seen couple of examples with standard MSI but not with the basic. ( i have to use basic MSI)

how can i do this?? is this even possible in basic???

thank you,,,

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 05:36

The license file is only linked to the binary table. You could have this in the root of your install (where the msi file is) and the dialog will link to that one. You will need to use SourceDir as the path.

Alternativel, you create a tool that just replaces the binary stream with your new binary stream after a build.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 07:22

That's not exactly correct for a BasicMSI project. Here the RTF file is stored directly in the control table for the scrollable text control. This means you would have to use a tool (script) to modify this table in your built msi file before you ship it.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 13:04

whoops, thanks for clearing the up stefan smile.gif