I'm using Installshield 2010 Premier edition.
As part of my install I'm creating an empty folder that needs to have Read\Write permissions granted on it.
Whatver Ive tried doesnt seem to work (i think it actually works on an XP machine but not a Windows 7 machine)
Here is what ive done in my installshield project:
- Navigate to "General Information" (Lefthand pane)
- Set Locked-Down Permissions to "Custom InstallShield handling"
- Navigate to "Application Data"
- Right-click the root folder where program is to be installed
- Click "Properties"
- Click button "Permissions"
- Right-click top half of screen in white box area labeled "Name(s)"
- Select context menu item "New"
- Remove domain user leaving this field blank
- Added user "Authenticated Users"
- Select check boxes in lower area ("Read & execute", "List Folder Contents", "Read", "Write")
- Click button "Advanced"
- Check checkbox "Apply these permissions to child objects"
After installing on an XP machine I can save files to the folder I created. So it seems to work.
But on a Windows 7 machine I get the standard 'You do not have permission to save files in this location' message.
Any advice of help is much appreciated
Edited by Seany, 28 October 2013 - 11:59.