This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unwanted .NET Enterprise Architect

1 reply to this topic

TerryL

TerryL
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 19:58

I'm using InstallShield Developer 7, and I'm a newbie at it. I inherited this project along with a new job. The OS is Win XP Professional. I do not use any InstallScript whatsoever.

There are no .NET components or programs or requirements for this project. When I use the Release Wizard, I set .NET Framework to 'Do Not include or Set up .NET Framework'. Visual Studio .NET is installed on this machine, but is not required for this project.

However, when InstallShield builds the project, it gets to the 'Loading File Table' step, and then a dialog appears with the title 'Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect - English.' This dialog tells me: 'Please wait while Windows configures Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect - English.'

I don't want this, so I click on Cancel. I have to click 'Cancel' twice, and then I see an error telling me that Setup cannot continue. I cancel that, and the build continues. The build completes successfully with no errors, so this is not a big problem. But it is a nuisance. Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Thanks,

Terry
???

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 22:14

Looks like a auto repair of Visual Studio, probably caused by some conflict between the two applications. What happens if you don't cancel this auto repair?
Check the event log for more information about what triggers this auto repair.