This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to create a basic msi to install a war file?

4 replies to this topic

vishalv

vishalv
  • Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 13:54

Hi All,
I am kind of new to creating a basic msi from scratch.
I have worked on installscript based msis but I just used to maintain the code. So my experience in coming up with a new basic msi is suspect.
What I would like to know is how can I have a simple msi which can be used to install a war file and add a couple of environment variables.

I have succeeded in creating a setup, but I have few concerns about the UI.
How can I customise the UI?

Regards,
Vishal

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 18:22

In general you can customize the UI in the dialog editor. What do you need to change?

vishalv

vishalv
  • Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:35

Hi Stefan,
Thanks a lot.
I was able to create a basic msi script and I was able to create a crude setup. Thanks for the reply.
However I have few questions:
1. how do I detect whether a product is installed or not ?
I know that we can use the reg locator to do so but how do I change the condition after the product is detected. I have set the initial value to 0 in the property table. How and where do I change the value once the product is detected?
2. How can I change the install path for only a single component once a product is detected? My requirement is to deploy the war file if Tomcat is installed.

Regards,
Vishal

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:48

1. Your RegLocaltor search will set a property (which you defined in the AppSearch table - or all in the System Search view). You can use that property in a conditional statement.
2. Use a separate directory property (Directory table entry) for that component. USe a custom action of type "set a directory" (after CostFinalize) to change this directory property depending on the property that was set by your registry search.

vishalv

vishalv
  • Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:04

Hi Stefan,
Thanks.
Regards,
Vishal