This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Remove registry keys when upgrading

1 reply to this topic

jefe

jefe
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 17:15

Hello,
My installer adds some keys to registry. Everytime I create a new installer which usually is an upgrade these keys are different. What I need to do is to be able to remove the old keys otherwise it will pollute my registry. The odd thing is if I uninstall the app, it removes all the registry keys but as I said the problem is when upgrading. Does anyone know what can I do and will be able to help me.

Thanks in advance.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:29

Check out the 'RemoveRegistry' table on MSDN.

The RemoveRegistryValues action which reads this table runs during every WI action (install/uninstall/maintenance). It will be a pain to maintain because you'll need entries for all your previous releases but, once you have the list in one package, you'll only need to add new entries for the previous release.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.