This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing from .msi without restart

2 replies to this topic

DaVinci

DaVinci
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 14:34

Well i'm trying to install a program called LabView at work, this has to be done in the background so i'm using /qn for NO dialog boxes, and putting USERNAME= COMPANYNAME= SERIALNUMBER= in the command line also.

So far everything is going well, but i need to stop the program from rebooting when finished installing, how do i do that?

This is my first day, playing with *.msi files and this site has been very helpful, so thx very much.

DaVinci

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 13:35

there is a REBOOT public property that you might want to try.  either embed it in the msi/mst or specifiy at the command-line...

REBOOT=ReallySuppress worked for us.  there is also the Force and Suppress values that will offer limited suppression...

DaVinci

DaVinci
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 13:58

Thx alot, i will try them and tell you if they worked for me or not.

I had no luck with

REBOOTYESNO=NO

which i found on the net.

DaVinci

ADDED:  It worked like a charm, so thx alot for the tip, i did stumple upon the very same commands in the MS knowledge center.