This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to install files based on user's selction?

7 replies to this topic

angp

angp
  • Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 08:47

Hi,

I've a set of files to be installed in a certain location and these files are also to be duplicated in a few other location. But it should be based on the user's selection.

I've a list of checkbox in one of my dialog and i've also create entry for the list of files i want to duplicate in the duplicatefiles table.

How can i set the feature such that when checkbox0 is selected the installer only execute the files that contains the location associated with Checkbox1 in the duplicatefiles table?

Or is this possible with duplicatefiles table?

Pls advice. Thank you.

angp

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 13:44

The _Component column of the DuplicateFiles table determines whether the copy operation should take place. Use your check boxes to (de-)select components you create for this purpose.

angp

angp
  • Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 03:14

Hi,

I've a few entry in the DuplicateFiles table with the same Component_ value. How do i differenciate them?

Pls advice. Thank you.

angp

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:29

Use different components.

angp

angp
  • Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 05:32

Is it right for me to use the DuplicateFile function when i need to copy the same sets of files to various installed locations.

These installed location is not fixed. Depends on the product installed on the user's machine.

And during my installation it will also depends on which installed product's location the user selects. The the files will gets copy to the respective location.

Besides using DuplicateFiles table what other method can i use?
Pls advice. Thank you very much.

angp

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:24

Yes, the DuplicateFile table is the correct method. You can use properties in the destination. Alternatively you could use a custom action to copy the files thus bypassing the MSI functionality.

angp

angp
  • Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 10:37

Hi Stefan,

I've decided to use different component to select and deselect the components during installation but i'm not able to install it based on the set condition.

I've added a condition in the new component such that when this property is set to 1 it will install this component. But it is not working.

It keeps installing the components irregardless whether my property is zero or one.

Pls advice. Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 17:47

I don't think you should use component conditions for this purpose. If you do you may have to set them to transitive ("reevaluate condition")