This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installshield + excel addins on German Win2000

1 reply to this topic

mabr

mabr
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 10:06

I'm having some problems installing addins in german Excel2000 on german Windows 2000 SP2.

I'm using InstallShield Pro 6.31 to install an application that has a component that has to be installed as an add-in in Excel. I use the code at the end the message. When I run this on a German Windows 2000 SP2 with German excel2000 and I get to the RegisterXLL line I get an error "Ausnahmefehler des Servers" ("Exception failiure of server" or something, I don't speak German).
The exact same code run just fine on english windows 2000 SP2 with english excel 2000. And if I translate the code to VB it runs fine on any language.

I think it's most likely something in InstallShield since it works in VB. Does anyone have any ideas whats going on here? I've searched MSDN and the installshield knowledgebase without finding anything.

/Max

Installshield script code snippet:

set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application");

if (!IsObject(oExcel)) then
Err.Raise(1000, "Error adding Excel Link");
endif;

oExcel.Workbooks.Add();
set oAddIn = oExcel.Addins.Add(sLinkPath ^ "frangoxl.xll");
oExcel.RegisterXLL(oAddIn.FullName);
oExcel.Addins("FrangoLink").Installed = TRUE;

set oAddIn = NULL;
oExcel.Quit();

:angry:  :angry:

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 20:11

Perhaps your slinkpath variable has invalid folder name on German Windows systems.  Perhaps you forgot that the 'program files' and 'common files' directory names are translated on foreign operating systems? This is my suspicion, looking at your code.