This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Passing Custom Action Data as a Parameter

2 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 21:29

Hi all,

Here's what I'm doing to pass a Public Property value into the Deferred Sequence....

Create a Set Directory Custom Action...
Name: InfoPasser
Property: NEEDEDINFO (the name of another Custom Action that accesses the information)
Property Value: SOMEINFO (property holding the information that needs to be passed)

I know I can then create a custom action named NEEDEDINFO and access CustomActionData, for example, by vbscript using Session.Property("CustomActionData").

What I was actually hoping to do is to create the NEEDEDINFO Custom Action to fire an .exe. I was then thinking I would be able to pass [CustomActionData] as one of the parameters to the .exe, but that doesn't appear to work. Is that truly the case that I can't do that? Or, am I doing something wrong.

Any information is appreciated!

Thanks!

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 21:54

It appears that instead of passing [CustomActionData] to the .exe, if I pass [NEEDEDINFO] as the command line parameter it works.

Good thing I only really have to pass one thing to Custom Action Data right now so there's no parsing needed at this time.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 14:29

That's correct, because the command line is written to the install script in immediate mode, and then gets called from the scripot in deferred mode.