This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Basic MSI and silent installers

5 replies to this topic

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:55

Hi,

I have a basic MSI project but have included Installscript (with the installshield engine).

I have noticed that when i run the installer in silent mode with msiexec /i ... /qb

Files get installed, but the custom code from the installscript is not getting executed.

BTW, the installer is a .msi file

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks!

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:49

Did you run the MSI file directly or did you run the setup.exe file? If you run the MSI file directly the setup.exe will not check whether the latest Installscript engine is installed on the system (unless the engine is included as a merge module - which is not normally the case). Hence the installscript custom actions may fail because the engine is not installed.

Try running the setup.exe in silent mode and see if that helps.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:22

Also, just to add, if you run the install in silent mode, custom action associated with the User Interface will not be executed either.

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:11

Hi,

Thansk for the help.

The problem now is that i want to run a custom action as the last action, ie to register some files.
However, it doesnt seem to be picking up. I have added the conditipon UILevel=2
but doesnt seem to work

Help

Thanks,

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:14

Where are you setting UILevel?

If you are setting this in the UserInterface sequence, you will need to use capital letters in your property becuase lowercase properties are not public and can only be accessed from the one sequence.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:19

I experienced that immediate actions after InstallFinalize didn't get properly run with my silent install. Everyone I talked to told me this is not possible, but the issue was resolved by using a deferred action immediately ahead of InstallFinalize.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul