This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install package in UNC path.

1 reply to this topic

sunshine_aloha

sunshine_aloha
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:10

Hi,

I have an issue about my package that install in UNC path (\\ip\shared folder). If admin install it alway error on my customaction. That customaction is deferred custom action type 3078. It update some xml file that install on machine. But in the log file said it cannot find that xml file. I try to install this package by non-admin and it work fine. Package install correct in UNC path and xml file is updated. And I try to change customaction type by removed msidbCustomActionTypeNoImpersonate. It work file admin can install in UNC path. But this solution does not work when I install on vista.

I don't know exactly, what's the root cause? How can I do? I want to my customaction support both vista and UNC.

Thank you very much.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 22:18

Custom action scheduled as "deferred in system contect" - which means the NoImpersonate flag is set - run in the system account, which may not have access to the UNC path.