This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Customise Billboards at Runtime

5 replies to this topic

Andrew S

Andrew S
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 13:15

We have 2 builds because we have 2 sets of billboards.  All billboards are loaded in SupportDir and I then delete the ones we don't want at runtime by reading an INI file.  

But IS cannot change the time displayed to the ones that are left.  So now nearly half the install process has no billboards.  

Is there a way to change IS so it displays fewer billboards for longer?

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 15:18

I ran a test a while back and thought it worked fine.  However, you did not specify where you deleted the files.  Meaning, I deleted them before the xfer was occuring and if you are doing it after you enable billboards, could be a problem if IS sets the count at that point.  

Also, the files are numbered.  Are you just deleting arbitrary files and leaving the out of sequenced files?  You may want to have the files under a different name and do the copy to the correctly sequenced names before enabling billboards.

Be sure to post what works.

(Edited by lasenbby at 2:19 pm on Dec. 6, 2001)

Andrew S

Andrew S
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 15:27

Well I did delete the billboards before running the code and as you say - i had to rename 2 of them to keep the sequence.  Here is the code.
//function DeleteBillboardFiles ()

begin

//Check for which build
DetectBuildType ();
//Delete the Billboards which do not apply
if (StrCompare(gszBuildType,"Public") = 0) then

DeleteFile(SUPPORTDIR ^"Bbrd4.bmp");
RenameFile(SUPPORTDIR ^"Bbrd5.bmp", SUPPORTDIR ^"Bbrd4.bmp");

DeleteFile(SUPPORTDIR ^"Bbrd6.bmp");
RenameFile(SUPPORTDIR ^"Bbrd8.bmp", SUPPORTDIR ^"Bbrd6.bmp");

DeleteFile(SUPPORTDIR ^"Bbrd7.bmp");
DeleteFile(SUPPORTDIR ^"Bbrd9.bmp");

endif;

end;

//THen do the secondary Installation of database.

function BOOL DoSecondaryInstallation()

NUMBER fError, nvDx, nvDy ;

begin

Enable(BACKGROUND);
//SizeWindow(BACKGROUND, 808, 606);  
SetColor (BACKGROUND, RGB (0, 153, 216) );
SetDisplayEffect (EFF_FADE);

Enable(FULLWINDOWMODE);

PlaceWindow (BILLBOARD, 0, 0, CENTERED);

//BB's are 600(w) x 800 (h)

PlaceWindow (STATUSDLG, 30, 30, LOWER_RIGHT);  

fError = FALSE; // default of successful

Enable(STATUSOLD);    
//Disable(CANCEL);
StatusUpdate(ON, 100);
SetStatusWindow(0, "Setup is now adding healthcare information ...");

// copy webfiles  
if (XCopyFile (SRCDIR ^ "\\Server\\*.*", TARGETDIR, COMP_UPDATE_DATE | INCLUDE_SUBDIR) < 0) then
fError=TRUE;
endif;                      
   Disable(BACKGROUND);
SetAllFilesToNormal(TARGETDIR); // make sure any files copied from CDROM are not read-only

StatusUpdate(OFF, 100);
Disable(STATUSOLD);

return fError;  

end;

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 15:42

Where to you enable billboards?  Just before the file xfer? (after the code above?)

You might want to put all the blbrd files in a different dir under setup files pane and rename them after you know what you want to display.  Sounds like IS is getting caught on your number of billboard files.

Andrew S

Andrew S
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 16:10

i HAVE JUST added an Enable(Billboards / Disable(Billboards) and there was no effect.  

"You might want to put all the blbrd files in a different dir under setup files pane"

The folder I use is "Setup"  language Independent / operating system independent folder.  I thought I had to use that folder.  Is all of the setup files pane generically called SUPPORTDIR?

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 17:11

Yes all those setup files pane dirs go into the supportdir but maybe I should have just wrote that the files might need to be named something else then renamed just before enabling billboards.  I don't remember having to do this so this likely will not work.  I thought I had tried it and it worked.  Maybe I was just checking that the files could be replaced at runtime.

Have you tried placing the minimum number of blbrd files and adding the extras if required...instead of removing?