This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditional Upgrade

1 reply to this topic

coje

coje
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 18:29

This is version 2.0 o fmy product. Upon installation I want to take two paths if some condition is true: (1) uninstall the previous version and install this version, or (2) keep old installed files and add new files.

I also have LIMITUI=1 -- as I do not want to prompt the user with questions.

It seems like Part 1 is a Major Upgrade and Part 2 is a Minor Upgrade. However, can these be assigned a conditional? Is there some property I could change that would allow one or the other to happen upon installation?

Any help would be great.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:24

You could use a Major Upgrade for both cases. You can specify which parts of the old version should be uninstalled during the upgrade by specifying the feature names on the Advanced tab of the Upgrade settings ("Only remove specified features"). By default, all features will be removed, but you could have it remove only some or no features from the old version. This field accepts properties (in square brackets) that resolve to feature names. If the property resolves to an empty string then no features will be removed.
Note that this will also leave behind the Add/Remove Programs entry of the old version.