This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Global Assembly Cache

4 replies to this topic

vc5824

vc5824
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 05:34

Hi there,

Does anyone knows how to add dlls to GAC using installshield Pro 7.01. Just that some dlls are shared by several applications on the machine.

Thanks in Advance
Vishal

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 13:34

I think you will have to run gacutil.exe (using LaunchAppAndWait)

vc5824

vc5824
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:23

Thanks for quick response

Just one more to this question
I have modified my script with this function below but I am getting this error "Can't find the specified dll" What also I have noticed that it's looking at setup folder dir as suppose to TARGETDIR even when I call a batch file still same error and looking as same location. Any idea why??

Script settings
LaunchAppAndWait(TARGETDIR^"gacutil.exe", "/i"+TARGETDIR^"C1.Common.dll", WAIT);

Batch settings
LaunchAppAndWait(TARGETDIR^"test.bat", "", WAIT);

inside the batch
--------------------------------
dir
pause;
gacutil /i C1.Common.dll
---------------------------------

One more tested conducted, I have done the same setting using Installshield 6.31 and I was able to launch the batch file from TARGETDIR.

Cheers,
Vishal

Edited by vc5824, 15 August 2003 - 02:48.

vc5824

vc5824
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 02:41

One more tested conducted, I have done the same setting using Installshield 6.31 and I was able to launch the batch file from TARGETDIR.

Vishal

jaydeland

jaydeland
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 14:00

Hello,
I was just wondering if anybody has come to any solid conclusions about how to properly register a .Net Assembly in the GAC?
Thanks,
-Jason