This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SHORTFILENAMES -- help!

1 reply to this topic

erniev

erniev
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 23:59

I'm trying to create an install which needs to update the Win98 path in autoexec.bat. It looks like setting the SHORTFILENAMES property should do it, however, there are two problems that I'm having.

1) I know this sounds stupid, but what am I supposed to set the SHORTFILENAMES property to?  "true"?; "yes"?; "1"?  Strangely enough, the documentation isn't making this clear.

2) I've tried setting SHORTFILENAMES property using "true" and "yes" and "1" with no luck whatsoever.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Ernie

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 12:57

you are correct in setting the SHORTFILENAMES property to 1.  

i am not sure of the method of how, using SHORTFILENAMES property, the Win98 path in the Autoexec.BAT will be changed.  but with regard to the actual property...

have you added the short and long filenames to all of the filename data areas?

ie.  say for the LongFilename.TXT file, when providing a filename data type have you put into the filename area LongFi~1.TXT|LongFilenames.TXT, providing both the long and short filename ?

with v2 the installer is supposed to automatically set this property...

sorry if this doesn't directly answer your question.  if you could possibly repost with a bit more info...