This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Dialog Box

5 replies to this topic

MP001

MP001
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:14

I have created a Custom Dialog box and put it after the LOGON INFORMATION dialog.
This new dialog box has a single EDIT box. I dont want the user to leave it blank.
The NEXT button should do nothing if the EDIT box is blank, so basically forcing the user to enter something in the EDIT BOX.

Thanks

MP

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:16

You could put a condition on the NewDialog event of the "Next" button. However you can't disable the button because the edit box doesn't send any notifications while the user types, so the value of its associated property changes only when the edit box looses focus.

MP001

MP001
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:12

What kind of Notification can I add? I have added an event called DOACTION and in the argument given a name called CHECKVALUE. But where do I write the code for it?

Please guide me through this.

Thanks

MP

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 14:25

By notification I mean those messages that controls send to other controls or processes in Windows. You can't change this.

You could however condition the NewDialog event so that it will display an error message instead of proceding to the next dialog if the edit field is empty.

MP001

MP001
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:21

How can I change the New Dialog event to trigger a message box instead of going to the next dialog. Where can I write this code??

Thanks

MP

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:53

Please see the attached screenshot. You can add a second NewDialog row, to display an error dialog (which you need to create, too). Instead of condition "1" in the screenshot, use mutually exclusive conditions for the two rows. You can use the property that's associated with the Edit field as condition. It will be true if the property isn't empty. So your conditions would look like this:

Event | Argument | Condition
NewDialog | ReadyToInstall | EDITPROPERTY
NewDialog | ErrorEditEmpty | Not EDITPROPERTY

Replace ReadyToInstall with whichever dialog you need to display if everything is okay.
Replace ErrorEditEmpty with the name of your error message dialog.
Replace EDITPROPERTY with the name of the property associated with the edit box.

Attached Images

• dalogbehavior.png