This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Visio Viewer 2002 MSI deploy to non-admin users

1 reply to this topic

valgrom

valgrom
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 23:43

I have been trying to deploy Visio Viewer 2002 to machines where the users will not be administrators. The problem is that even though the installation is done everytime a user logs on some configuration is done. If the user is not a local admin on the machine the configuration will not be done correctly and subsequent doubleclicks on a .vsd file by that (non-admin) person does nothing.

The matter is further complicated by the fact that we use a hybrid system of MSIs and we import those into a .SPB file to be deployed by IBM's Tivoli Software Distribution. Anything that I need to do to fix this must be done within the MSI itself or a transform.

I have tried several things all with very dissapointing results. Instead of cluttering up the post I thought I would ask for suggestions and cross out the ones I've already tried.

Anything you guys can throw out would be helpful.

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 15:47

This article should help you find out why the installer launches unexpectedly:
http://www.msifaq.com/a/1037.htm