This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield error 432

4 replies to this topic

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 18:28

Hi there!
I need to run DCOM95 setup and reboot to install MDAC and the rest of my software ...
In the first part i gather information and pass them to the setup after reboot via link in startup group.
This setup.exe starts and complains about unInstallShield being active! WHY?
There is no uninstallation after restart of windows. When I restart setup manually, it runs smoothly. Therefore it seems to be a timing problem, if I run my setup from startup group or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I get the error message, starting out of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce seems to work, but this is too early, explorer windows open up later and hide the setup window ...

Now, is there a workaround for this situation?
IS's knowledge base didn't help very much ...

RubeOne

RubeOne
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2001 - 22:52

I have a similar problem when trying to install a program in XP.  It gives me error 432 saying that unInstallShield is in use, even after a clean boot?
Please let me know if you hear anything about this situation by replying and good luck with your situation.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 January 2002 - 11:52

This may be a rights problem. Are you logged in as Administrator?

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 02 January 2002 - 13:03

IS knowledge base says, there could be a corrupt uninst.exe in the windows directory. After deleting all existing uninst programs it should work ... they say.
This does not fit to my problem :-(, but maybe helps you with XP?

RubeOne

RubeOne
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 19:09

I found that it was a permission problem.  I thought I tried it as a user and superuser *scratches head*, oh well, it worked, thank you for your help.